Monday, April 5, 2010

New Shoe Blog Dedication








I am dedicating my first post in this blog to a woman I met in the Providenciales airport on my way home from vacation. She was the perfect example of a woman needing comfortable shoes. The only sales clerk at the small airport shop called Maison Creole, she stood for most of every day.

I fingered several horn necklaces from Haiti (not more than 90 miles south) and knew I wanted one of them, but was feeling particularly ambivalent about which one. While discussing the necklaces with me, the woman said her feet hurt and then I noticed she was barefoot. I peeked at her shoes over by the register. Turquoise mini-wedge strappy sandals, as I recall.

Later, I realized this woman was a prime customer for the kind of shoe that I wear and love and want to spread the word about. And so I dedicate my blog to her, and women all over, who need to stand or want to walk for long periods and who want comfortable shoes that make their feet feel and look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment